Two new David Bazan songs will be released every month for five months. This is the second release in a series of five.
Side A: Nobody’s Perfect
Side B: Sparkling Water
* Volume 1 / Number 2 pressed on transparent orange vinyl.
* Jacket printed on heavy-weight uncoated 15pt board stock.
* Mastered for vinyl without digital compression or limiting.
* Vinyl lacquers cut from high resolution 24bit audio files.
* Vinyl pressed by Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland OH.
* All vinyl orders come with instant MP3 & WAV downloads.
You’ll get a link on the confirmation page after check out to download ZIP files with the tracks. These are easily unzipped and transferred to iTunes. If you are downloading to a phone or iOS device (iPhone, iPad), You must have some way to unzip the file before you can transfer these to your music. It’s probably easier to download to a computer first then transfer to your phone or device. You’ll have 5 tries or 30 days to download the songs.
Produced and Mixed by Yuuki Matthews
Guidance and Mastering by TW Walsh
Artwork by R. Swift
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER * Pre-order items must be ordered separate from other items in the store unless you want everything to ship when the pre-order ships.
* All orders get MP3 or High Resolution WAV downloads immediately after purchase is complete.
* Vinyl will ship in mid-October.
* Limit 2 per customer. Orders with more than 2 will be cancelled and refunded.
Tickets are on sale for all shows.
Click HERE for ticket links.
10/10 : Sacramento CA – Harlow’s
10/11 : San Francisco CA – The Independent
10/12 : Los Angeles CA – The Masonic Lodge – SOLD OUT
10/13 : Los Angeles CA – The Masonic Lodge
10/14 : San Diego CA – Irenic
10/15 : Phoenix AZ – The Crescent Ballroom
10/17 : Austin TX – Central Presbyterian Church
10/18 : Dallas TX – The Texas Theatre
10/19 : Oklahoma City OK – ACM @ UCO Performance Lab
10/21 : St. Louis MO – Old Rock House
10/22 : Nashville TN – 3rd & Lindsley
10/23 : Birmingham AL – WorkPlay Theatre
10/24 : Decatur GA – Eddie’s Attic
10/25 : Asheville NC – Grey Eagle
10/26 : Saxapahaw NC – The Haw River Ballroom
10/28 : Washington DC – Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
10/29 : Philadelphia PA – First Unitarian Church – Sanctuary
10/30 : Arlington MA – Regent Theatre
11/01 : New York NY – Bowery Ballroom
11/02 : Pittsburgh PA – Club Cafe
11/04 : Toronto ON – Virgin Mobile Mod Club
11/05 : Ferndale MI – The Magic Bag
11/06 : Chicago IL – Lincoln Hall
11/08 : Grand Rapids MI – The Ladies Literary Club
11/10 : Milwaukee WI – Turner Hall
11/11 : Minneapolis MN – Cedar Cultural Center
11/12 : Madison WI – High Noon Saloon
11/13 : Omaha NE – The Waiting Room
11/14 : Lawrence KS – Bottleneck
11/15 : Denver CO – Oriental Theater
11/17 : Salt Lake City UT – The State Room
11/18 : Boise ID – Cathedral of the Rockies
11/19 : Spokane WA – The Bartlett
11/20 : Portland OR – Aladdin Theater
11/21 : Seattle WA – Neptune Theatre
So. We’re trying something new. We’re calling it Bazan Monthly: Two New Songs on the 1st of every month for the next five months, which makes ten. Those Ten New Songs will collectively be known as Volume 1. Each month’s pair of New Songs will be available as a digital download or on 7″ Vinyl (which also comes with a digital download). The Digital Download will be immediately available on the 1st of the month and the 7″ Vinyl will be shipped to you a few weeks later.
Now, some of you are asking “Can I pay for Bazan Monthly Volume 1 all at once and automatically receive each month’s New Songs in my “E” and/or “Snail” mailbox?” and the answer is Yes. Absolutely. You are welcome to do so until the end of July at which point that option will disappear from the Undertow Store.
You are, of course, welcome to buy them one installment at a time anytime you like. But keep in mind: while we aren’t limiting the 7″ Vinyl to a specific number of copies we will only continue to press them until the end of november. Which means if you want any or all of the 7″ Vinyl you will need to order before then. The Digital Downloads will be available for all eternity.
At this point others of you are asking “Does calling it ‘Volume 1′ mean there will be more Volumes in the future?” Yes. That is precisely what it means.
OK then, to recap:
– 2 new songs each month July-November 2014 (Volume 1)
– Vinyl + digital or digital only
– Buy individually each month or pay for all 5 installments in Volume 1 up front.
– Immediate digital downloads, the first edition vinyl ships in mid-September.
– All vinyl pressings stop December 1, 2014, so order before that.
Also, you can stream each month’s songs for free around here somewhere to see if you even dig ‘em.
Well, that’s about it. Thank you so very much for buying music and going to shows. I couldn’t continue to make music the way I do without your support.
We’re pleased to announce the pre-order of David Bazan + Passenger String Quartet / Volume 1. All new studio recordings of Pedro The Lion and Bazan solo songs.
Bands With Managers
How I Remember
Wolves At The Door
When They Really Get To Know You…
Lost My Shape
Cold Beer & Cigarettes
Priests & Paramedics
* Full album downloads are available immediately after your purchase is complete.
* CD or Vinyl pre-orders get links to download 320 MP3s and 24/96 WAV files.
* We’ll ship CD and Vinyl pre-orders to arrive on or before September 9.
* All CD and Vinyl pre-orders will be signed by David Bazan.
CD PACKAGE DETAILS
* Gatefold Digipack printed on uncoated paper
* Mastered from hi-resolution 24/96 audio files
VINYL PACKAGE DETAILS
* Gatefold album jacket printed on uncoated paper
* Mastered for vinyl without digital compression or limiting
* Vinyl lacquers cut from high resolution 24/96 audio files
* High quality 140g black vinyl
* Pressed by Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland OH
David Bazan – singing, piano, guitar, bass, percussion
Rebecca Chung Filice – Cello
Seth May-Patterson – Viola
Alina To – Violin
Andrew Joslyn – Violin, composer and string arrangements
Chris Colbert – recording, mixing, mastering
Photos by Ryan Russell
Package layout by Bob Andrews & David Bazan
Recorded at Avast! in Seattle WA
TOUR DATES We have a few shows confirmed now and will be announcing more dates soon.
October 12 : Los Angeles – Masonic Lodge
November 1 : New York – Bowery Ballroom November 6 : Chicago – Lincoln Hall
November 21 : Seattle – Neptune
Friday 6/20 : Calgary, AB – SOLD OUT
Saturday 6/21 : Regina, SK – SOLD OUT
Sunday 6/22 : Winnipeg, MB – SOLD OUT
Monday 6/23 : Fargo, ND – SOLD OUT
Tuesday 6/24 : Duluth, MN – SOLD OUT
Wednesday 6/25 : Madison, WI – SOLD OUT
Friday 6/27 : Morton, IL – SOLD OUT
Saturday 6/28 : Fort Wayne, IN – SOLD OUT
Sunday 6/29 : Grand Rapids, MI – SOLD OUT
Monday 6/30: Toledo, OH – SOLD OUT
Tuesday 7/1 : Ithaca, NY – SOLD OUT
Thursday 7/3 : Richmond, VA – SOLD OUT
Friday 7/4: Charlotte, NC – SOLD OUT
Saturday 7/5 : Charleston, SC – SOLD OUT
Sunday 7/6 : Augusta, GA – SOLD OUT
Monday 7/7 : Huntsville, AL – SOLD OUT
Wednesday 7/9 : Memphis, TN – SOLD OUT
Thursday 7/10 : New Orleans, LA
Friday 7/11 : Houston, TX – SOLD OUT
Saturday 7/12 : San Antonio, TX – SOLD OUT
Sunday 7/13 : Abilene, TX – SOLD OUT
Tuesday 7/15 : El Paso, TX – SOLD OUT
Wednesday 7/16 : Tucson, AZ – SOLD OUT
Thursday 7/17 : Redlands, CA – SOLD OUT
Friday 7/18 : Visalia, CA – SOLD OUT
Saturday 7/19 : Chico, CA – SOLD OUT
Sunday 7/20 : Corvallis, OR – SOLD OUT
2/20 Thu : Ashland OR – SOLD OUT
2/21 Fri : Reno NV – SOLD OUT
2/22 Sat : San Jose CA – SOLD OUT
2/23 Sun : Long Beach CA – SOLD OUT
2/25 Tue : Prescott AZ – SOLD OUT
2/26 Wed : Albuquerque NM – SOLD OUT
2/27 Thu : Amarillo TX – SOLD OUT
2/28 Fri : Wichita KS – SOLD OUT
3/01 Sat : Joplin MO – SOLD OUT
3/02 Sun : Fayetteville AR – SOLD OUT
3/04 Tue : Montgomery AL – SOLD OUT
3/05 Wed : Gainesville FL – SOLD OUT
3/06 Thu : Tampa FL – SOLD OUT
3/07 Fri : Waverly AL – SOLD OUT
3/08 Sat : Knoxville TN – SOLD OUT
3/09 Sun : Lynchburg VA – SOLD OUT
3/11 Tue : Lancaster PA – SOLD OUT
3/12 Wed : Ithaca NY – CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW
3/13 Thu : Toronto ON – SOLD OUT
3/14 Fri : Akron OH – SOLD OUT
3/15 Sat : Cincinnati OH – SOLD OUT
3/16 Sun : Anderson IN – SOLD OUT
3/18 Tue : Urbana IL – SOLD OUT
3/19 Wed : Milwaukee WI – SOLD OUT
3/20 Thu : Winona MN – SOLD OUT
3/21 Fri : Charles City IA – SOLD OUT
3/22 Sat : Sioux Falls SD – SOLD OUT
3/23 Sun : Omaha NE – SOLD OUT
3/25 Tue : Cheyenne WY – SOLD OUT
3/26 Wed : Casper WY – SOLD OUT
3/27 Thu : Bozeman MT – SOLD OUT
3/28 Fri : Missoula MT – SOLD OUT
3/29 Sat : Spokane WA – SOLD OUT
3/30 Sun : Walla Walla WA – SOLD OUT
4/04 Fri : Seattle WA – SOLD OUT
4/05 Sat : Seattle WA – SOLD OUT
4/06 Sun : Seattle WA – SOLD OUT
January 17 : Tacoma WA – SOLD OUT
January 18 : Seattle Area – SOLD OUT
January 19 : Seattle Area – SOLD OUT
January 24 : Portland OR – SOLD OUT
January 25 : Portland OR – SOLD OUT
January 26 : Gresham OR – SOLD OUT
11/10 Sun : Waco TX – SOLD OUT
11/11 Mon : Shreveport LA – SOLD OUT
11/12 Tue : Jackson MS – SOLD OUT
11/13 Wed : Nashville TN – SOLD OUT
11/14 Thu : Chattanooga TN – SOLD OUT
11/15 Fri : Athens GA – SOLD OUT
11/16 Sat : Columbia SC – SOLD OUT
11/17 Sun : Asheville NC – SOLD OUT
11/19 Tue : Carrboro NC – SOLD OUT
11/20 Wed : Norfolk VA – SOLD OUT
11/21 Thu : Charlottesville VA – SOLD OUT
11/22 Fri : Baltimore MD – SOLD OUT
11/30 Sat : Philadelphia PA – SOLD OUT
12/01 Sun : Philadelphia PA – SOLD OUT
12/02 Mon : Mechanicsburg PA – SOLD OUT
12/03 Tue : Pittsburgh PA – SOLD OUT
12/04 Wed : Columbus OH – SOLD OUT
12/05 Thu : Detroit MI – SOLD OUT
12/06 Fri : Kalamazoo MI – SOLD OUT
12/07 Sat : Goshen IN – SOLD OUT
12/08 Sun : Louisville KY – SOLD OUT
12/10 Tue : Peoria IL – SOLD OUT
12/11 Wed: Peoria IL – SOLD OUT
12/13 Fri : Lawrence KS – SOLD OUT
12/14 Sat : Springfield MO – SOLD OUT
12/15 Sun : Norman OK – SOLD OUT
12/17 Tue : Dallas TX – SOLD OUT
12/18 Wed : Austin TX – SOLD OUT
We really appreciate the amazing support for these shows and we’ll keep trying to do it as long as possible.
It’s strange to feel an emotional connection to an inanimate object but I actually teared up as I said goodbye to my van last week. As you may know we hit a deer while on tour in California. Well, my insurance declared it a total loss. So that’s that. Retired in redding, CA with 248,401 miles on the odometer (170k of those were mine). Many of you helped me buy that van in September 2009. Thank you again. I used it well, it was my part time home, I felt affection for it. It was a very good van. Goodbye van. Miss you already.
Overseas is David Bazan + Will Johnson + Matt Kadane + Bubba Kadane.
We’re doing a few shows on the west coast in October.
Oct 11 : Seattle – Neumos / TICKETS **
Oct 12 : Portland OR – Doug Fir Lounge / TICKETS **
Oct 14 : San Francisco CA – Bottom of The Hill / TICKETS *
Oct 15 : San Luis Obispo CA – SLO Brewing Co / TICKETS *
Oct 16 : Los Angeles CA – Satellite / TICKETS *
** with Radar Brothers + Chris Brokaw
* with Radar Brothers
We’re putting together the final living room tour of 2013 and looking for hosts in the following cities on these dates.
11/10 Sun : Waco TX * host confirmed
11/11 Mon : Shreveport LA * host confirmed
11/12 Tue : Jackson MS * host confirmed
11/13 Wed : Nashville TN * host confirmed
11/14 Thu : Chattanooga TN * host confirmed
11/15 Fri : Athens GA * host confirmed
11/16 Sat : Columbia SC * host confirmed
11/17 Sun : Asheville NC * host confirmed
11/19 Tue : Carrboro NC * host confirmed
11/20 Wed : Norfolk VA * host confirmed
11/21 Thu : Charlottesville VA * host confirmed
11/22 Fri : Baltimore MD * host confirmed
12/01 Sun : Philadelphia PA * host confirmed
12/02 Mon : Mechanicsburg PA * host confirmed
12/03 Tue : Pittsburgh PA
12/04 Wed : Columbus OH * host confirmed
12/05 Thu : Detroit MI * host confirmed
12/06 Fri : Kalamazoo MI * host confirmed
12/07 Sat : Goshen IN * host confirmed
12/08 Sun : Louisville KY * host confirmed
12/10 Tue : Peoria IL * host confirmed
12/11 Wed : Des Moines IA
12/12 Thu : Omaha NE * host confirmed
12/13 Fri : Lawrence KS * host confirmed
12/14 Sat : Springfield MO * host confirmed
12/15 Sun : Norman OK * host confirmed
12/17 Tue : Dallas TX * host confirmed
12/18 Wed : Austin TX
Please read everything below and then get in touch if you live in or near one of these towns and would like to host a show.
Deadline for submission is Friday, September 27. Tickets go on sale Thursday, October 10 @ 2pm (central time).
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 50-70 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside. There needs to be street parking or public parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 50-70 people is what the average living room can hold.
2. Your home address won’t be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets. All tickets will be sold in advance, direct to fans from Undertow. No tickets will be sold at the door. Limit 4 tickets per person. Ticket price for these shows will be $20. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. We’ll cancel any tickets if we find them for re-sale at a higher price.
3. We’ll provide you with a detailed list of everyone coming to the show so you can check people off the list as they arrive. You won’t have to deal with any money.
4. You get 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show so you can easily invite your friends and help us spread the word.
6. You don’t need any sort of sound system. We’ll just need an armless chair for David to sit on during the show and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on a coffee table, floor lamp with a dimmer, etc.
7. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
8. We ask people to arrive after 7pm. The shows start at 8:00pm and are usually over by 9:30pm. We let everyone know they should be out of your house by 10:00pm.
If you are interested, please follow these steps:
1. READ THIS: We’ll need you to sign this when we confirm the show.
2. email email@example.com this info: - a. Your address. - b. A few photos of your living room. - c. Please put “Bazan Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.
After we have the dates and locations sorted out we will announce the dates and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.