Thanks to everyone who’s helped with the house shows so far! We are planning a few more before the end of the year. If you live in or near these cities and want to host a show in your living room on one of these days, please read the details below and then get in touch.
Wed Dec 9 – Ann Arbor / Detroit MI
Thu Dec 10 – Cleveland, OH
Fri Dec 11 – Columbus, OH
Sat Dec 12 – Dayton, OH
Sun Dec 13 – Cincinnati, OH
Mon Dec 14 – Indianapolis / Ft Wayne, IN
Tue Dec 15 – East Lansing, MI
Be sure to put “Bazan House Show” in the subject of your email so it gets past our spam filters. Thank you!
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 30-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other large indoor space. There would need to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. If you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord… you should probably not do this. We’d done over 70 of these shows over the past few months without any problems at all.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on David’s website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Ticket prices will be $20.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming a week before the show. This way the host won’t have to deal with money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host will get up to 5 free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. We’ll ask people to arrive around 7:30pm. The show would start at 8pm and would be over by 9:30pm. Everyone should be out of your house by 10pm.
7. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair or bar stool for David to sit on.
8. Your home address will not be published on the web and only given to those people who purchase tickets.
9. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except David’s websites.
10. After we agree on a date and location we’ll ask you to sign a simple performance agreement. READ THIS FIRST!
Please include a photo of the space where you would like to have the show and put “Bazan House Show” and the city where you live in the subject line of the e-mail.
We’ll review all requests. Once we have a routing figured out we’ll be in touch with people in the towns we are able to work into the schedule.
Thank you for your interest and support.