All ten songs have been released. You have access to the download page for six months after your original purchase date. We can extend the expiration date on your order if you forgot to download some of the songs. Just EMAIL to let us know.
You can access your download page directly with the link in your original order confirmation email. Or you can visit the the download site and enter your email address and order number.
Let us know if you can’t find your order number. We’re happy to look it up for you.
Vinyl for Numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 have been shipped (unless you asked for them all to be shipped together at the end or you ordered the complete set after January 1).
Vinyl for Number 5 just arrived at our shop today (Friday, Feb 13). So we are getting these packed and shipped as quickly as possible. Realistically, we should have them all shipped out by Wednesday, Feb 18. So keep an eye on your mail boxes in the next few days. International shipments always take a few extra days.
IMPORTANT! If you ordered vinyl, please let us know if your address has changed since you placed the order. We’re hearing from a few folks who didn’t get their vinyl because they moved and forgot to tell us.
Contact Jayne in our shop if you need to extend your deadline to access the downloads, resend your order number or have your shipping address updated.
You can still buy Bazan Monthly Volume 1 on vinyl. We have less than 30 complete vinyl sets available online. Then they’re out of print forever. The digital downloads will be available in perpetuity.
Bazan Monthly Volume 2 just started on January 1. The first four songs are available now and it’ll run the same way as Volume 1. You can buy the complete set up front as MP3 or Hi-Res WAV Downloads or Vinyl + Downloads. The vinyl is limited to only 1000 sets. You get downloads of two new songs each month and the vinyl for each edition will be shipped a few weeks later. Or you can have all the vinyl shipped together at the end of the run to save on shipping costs.
David Bazan will be joined by Yuuki Mathews on this tour. They’ll be playing a selection of Pedro The Lion, Headphones and Bazan songs including new songs from the Bazan Monthly Series for the first time anywhere.
All tickets must be purchased in advance. You’ll get a link to download a PDF with the secret location of the show and your name will be on the guest list at the door.
THU Feb 12 : Walla Walla WA – SOLD OUT
FRI Feb 13 : Boise ID – SOLD OUT
SAT Feb 14 : Salt Lake City UT – SOLD OUT
SUN Feb 15 : Boulder CO – SOLD OUT
TUE Feb 17 : Lawrence KS – SOLD OUT
WED Feb 18 : Minneapolis MN – SOLD OUT
THU Feb 19 : Milwaukee WI – SOLD OUT
SAT Feb 21 : Chicago IL – SOLD OUT
SUN Feb 22 : Cleveland OH – SOLD OUT
MON Feb 23 : Toronto ONT – SOLD OUT
WED Feb 25 : Allston MA – SOLD OUT
THU Feb 26 : Brooklyn NY – SOLD OUT
FRI Feb 27 : Philadelphia PA – SOLD OUT
SAT Feb 28 : Bethesda MD – SOLD OUT
MON March 02 : Alpharetta, GA – SOLD OUT
TUE March 03 : Birmingham AL
WED March 04 : Nashville TN – SOLD OUT
THU March 05 : Little Rock AR
FRI March 06 : Dallas TX – SOLD OUT
SAT March 07 : Austin TX – SOLD OUT
TUE March 10 : Flagstaff AZ
WED March 11 : San Diego CA – SOLD OUT
THU March 12 :Thousand Oaks CA – SOLD OUT
FRI March 13 : San Francisco CA – SOLD OUT
SAT March 14 : Eugene OR – SOLD OUT
SUN March 15 : Portland OR – SOLD OUT
Two new David Bazan songs will be released every month for five months between January and May 2015. That’s 10 new songs!
You can buy the complete set on 7″ vinyl singles + MP3 and Hi-Res WAV downloads for $35 + postage for all five shipments. You’ll get a download for two new songs on the first of each month. Then we’ll start shipping the vinyl to you each month beginning in March. Or you can choose to have them all shipped at the end of the run for one shipping cost. See the estimated delivery schedule below.
The complete set is also available as monthly download for $10 in MP3 or Hi-Res WAV formats. If you choose a download option you’ll get the first two songs immediately. Then two new songs will be added to your download page on the first of each month. You just need to sign-in and download the new songs.
UPDATE: We had to move the start of the tour few days later and have adjusted the dates and routing below. We’ll be in touch by January 6 if you’ve already emailed about hosting a show.
Hello Friends! We’re putting together a Living Room Tour in February in the cities listed below. Please read all of the info about how it works and get in touch if you want to host a show. Contact info at the end.
Deadline for submissions is January 4.
Tickets go on sale January 15 @ 2pm (central time)
THU Feb 12 : Walla Walla WA
FRI Feb 13 : Boise ID
SAT Feb 14 : Salt Lake City UT
SUN Feb 15 : Denver CO
MON Feb 16 : OFF
TUE Feb 17 : Lawrence / Kansas City KS
WED Feb 18 : Minneapolis MN
THU Feb 19 : Milwaukee WI
FRI Feb 20 : Naperville IL – college show confirming.
SAT Feb 21 : Chicago IL
SUN Feb 22 : Cleveland OH
MON Feb 23 : Toronto ONT
TUE Feb 24 : OFF
WED Feb 25 : Boston MA
THU Feb 26 : NYC / Brooklyn NY
FRI Feb 27 : Philadelphia PA
SAT Feb 28 : Washington DC
SUN March 01 : OFF
MON March 02 : Atlanta GA
TUE March 03 : Birmingham AL
WED March 04 : Nashville TN
THU March 05 : Little Rock AR
FRI March 06 : Dallas TX
SAT March 07 : Austin TX
SUN March 08 : OFF
MON March 09 : OFF
TUE March 10 : Phoenix AZ
WED March 11 : San Diego CA
THU March 12 : Los Angeles CA
FRI March 13 : San Francisco CA
SAT March 14 : Eugene OR
SUN March 15 : Portland OR
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 50-75 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $25. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. Some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where David can sell some merchandise after the show.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
if interested please follow these steps:
1. READ THIS: We’ll need you to sign this when we confirm the show.
2. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info: - a. Your address. - b. A few photos of your living room. - c. Please put “Bazan Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.
After we have the dates and locations sorted out we will announce the dates and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.
David Bazan and his band [Andy Fitts on bass and Alex Westcoat on drums] embarked on a six week long tour in 2012 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary re-issue of Pedro The Lion’s landmark album “Control.” It was a fun and exciting tour and we were able to capture that in this live recording from Los Angeles on December 7, 2012. David, Andy and Alex played the entire Control album plus other Pedro The Lion, Headphones and Bazan songs as follows.
04. Indian Summer
06. Gas and Matches
07. Cold Beer and Cigarettes
08. Forgone Conclusions
10. How I Remember
11. Eating Paper
12. When They Really Get to Know You…
15. Second Best
16. Priests And Paramedics
David Bazan: vocals + guitar
Andy Fitts: bass + backing vocals
Alex Westcoat: drums + keyboards
Brad Lightfoot: live mix and recording
Caleb Palma: tour manager
Cameron Elliot: final mixing
TW Walsh: mastering
David and Passenger String Quartet will be touring this fall. They’ll be playing the all the songs from the Bazan+PSQ album plus new songs from the Bazan Monthly Vol 1 Series. David Dondero will be opening all shows. We hope to see you there!
The new album is available now direct from Undertow, iTunes and at your favorite local record store.
10/10 : Sacramento CA – Harlow’s – SOLD OUT
10/11 : San Francisco CA – The Independent – SOLD OUT
10/12 : Los Angeles CA – The Masonic Lodge – SOLD OUT
10/13 : Los Angeles CA – The Masonic Lodge – SOLD OUT
10/14 : San Diego CA – Irenic – SOLD OUT
10/15 : Phoenix AZ – The Crescent Ballroom – SOLD OUT
10/17 : Austin TX – Central Presbyterian Church – SOLD OUT
10/18 : Dallas TX – The Texas Theatre – SOLD OUT
10/19 : Oklahoma City OK – ACM @ UCO Performance Lab – SOLD OUT
10/21 : St. Louis MO – Old Rock House – SOLD OUT
10/22 : Nashville TN – 3rd & Lindsley – SOLD OUT
10/23 : Birmingham AL – WorkPlay Theatre – CANCELLED
10/24 : Decatur GA – Eddie’s Attic – SOLD OUT
10/25 : Asheville NC – Grey Eagle – SOLD OUT
10/26 : Saxapahaw NC – The Haw River Ballroom – SOLD OUT
10/28 : Washington DC – Sixth & I Historic Synagogue – SOLD OUT
10/29 : Philadelphia PA – First Unitarian Church – SOLD OUT
10/30 : Arlington MA – Regent Theatre – SOLD OUT
11/01 : New York NY – Bowery Ballroom – SOLD OUT
11/02 : Pittsburgh PA – Club Cafe – SOLD OUT
11/04 : Toronto ON – Virgin Mobile Mod Club – SOLD OUT
11/05 : Ferndale MI – The Magic Bag – SOLD OUT
11/06 : Chicago IL – Lincoln Hall – SOLD OUT
11/08 : Grand Rapids MI – The Ladies Literary Club – SOLD OUT
11/10 : Milwaukee WI – Turner Hall – SOLD OUT
11/11 : Minneapolis MN – Cedar Cultural Center – SOLD OUT
11/12 : Madison WI – High Noon Saloon – SOLD OUT
11/13 : Omaha NE – The Waiting Room – SOLD OUT
11/14 : Lawrence KS – Bottleneck – SOLD OUT
11/15 : Denver CO – Oriental Theater – SOLD OUT
11/17 : Salt Lake City UT – The State Room – SOLD OUT
11/18 : Boise ID – Cathedral of the Rockies – SOLD OUT
11/19 : Spokane WA – The Bartlett – SOLD OUT
11/20 : Portland OR – Aladdin Theater – SOLD OUT
11/21 : Seattle WA – Neptune Theatre – SOLD OUT
FRI Sept 5 : Urbana IL – SOLD OUT
SAT Sept 6 : Peoria IL – SOLD OUT
SUN Sept 7 : Peoria IL – SOLD OUT
MON Sept 8 : Carbondale IL – SOLD OUT
TUE Sept 9 : Evansville IN – SOLD OUT
WED Sept 10 : Lexington KY – SOLD OUT
THU Sept Sept 11 : Cincinnati OH – SOLD OUT
FRI Sept 12 : Columbus OH – SOLD OUT
SAT Sept 13 : Indianapolis IN – SOLD OUT
SUN Sept 14 : Bloomington IN – SOLD OUT
Two new David Bazan songs will be released every month for five months. This is the second release in a series of five.
Side A: Nobody’s Perfect
Side B: Sparkling Water
* Volume 1 / Number 2 pressed on transparent orange vinyl.
* Jacket printed on heavy-weight uncoated 15pt board stock.
* Mastered for vinyl without digital compression or limiting.
* Vinyl lacquers cut from high resolution 24bit audio files.
* Vinyl pressed by Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland OH.
* All vinyl orders come with instant MP3 & WAV downloads.
You’ll get a link on the confirmation page after check out to download ZIP files with the tracks. These are easily unzipped and transferred to iTunes. If you are downloading to a phone or iOS device (iPhone, iPad), You must have some way to unzip the file before you can transfer these to your music. It’s probably easier to download to a computer first then transfer to your phone or device. You’ll have 5 tries or 30 days to download the songs.
Produced and Mixed by Yuuki Matthews
Guidance and Mastering by TW Walsh
Artwork by R. Swift
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER * Pre-order items must be ordered separate from other items in the store unless you want everything to ship when the pre-order ships.
* All orders get MP3 or High Resolution WAV downloads immediately after purchase is complete.
* Vinyl will ship in mid-October.
* Limit 2 per customer. Orders with more than 2 will be cancelled and refunded.
Tickets are on sale for all shows.
Click HERE for ticket links.
10/10 : Sacramento CA – Harlow’s
10/11 : San Francisco CA – The Independent
10/12 : Los Angeles CA – The Masonic Lodge – SOLD OUT
10/13 : Los Angeles CA – The Masonic Lodge
10/14 : San Diego CA – Irenic
10/15 : Phoenix AZ – The Crescent Ballroom
10/17 : Austin TX – Central Presbyterian Church
10/18 : Dallas TX – The Texas Theatre
10/19 : Oklahoma City OK – ACM @ UCO Performance Lab
10/21 : St. Louis MO – Old Rock House
10/22 : Nashville TN – 3rd & Lindsley
10/23 : Birmingham AL – WorkPlay Theatre
10/24 : Decatur GA – Eddie’s Attic
10/25 : Asheville NC – Grey Eagle
10/26 : Saxapahaw NC – The Haw River Ballroom
10/28 : Washington DC – Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
10/29 : Philadelphia PA – First Unitarian Church – Sanctuary
10/30 : Arlington MA – Regent Theatre
11/01 : New York NY – Bowery Ballroom
11/02 : Pittsburgh PA – Club Cafe
11/04 : Toronto ON – Virgin Mobile Mod Club
11/05 : Ferndale MI – The Magic Bag
11/06 : Chicago IL – Lincoln Hall
11/08 : Grand Rapids MI – The Ladies Literary Club
11/10 : Milwaukee WI – Turner Hall
11/11 : Minneapolis MN – Cedar Cultural Center
11/12 : Madison WI – High Noon Saloon
11/13 : Omaha NE – The Waiting Room
11/14 : Lawrence KS – Bottleneck
11/15 : Denver CO – Oriental Theater
11/17 : Salt Lake City UT – The State Room
11/18 : Boise ID – Cathedral of the Rockies
11/19 : Spokane WA – The Bartlett
11/20 : Portland OR – Aladdin Theater
11/21 : Seattle WA – Neptune Theatre
So. We’re trying something new. We’re calling it Bazan Monthly: Two New Songs on the 1st of every month for the next five months, which makes ten. Those Ten New Songs will collectively be known as Volume 1. Each month’s pair of New Songs will be available as a digital download or on 7″ Vinyl (which also comes with a digital download). The Digital Download will be immediately available on the 1st of the month and the 7″ Vinyl will be shipped to you a few weeks later.
Now, some of you are asking “Can I pay for Bazan Monthly Volume 1 all at once and automatically receive each month’s New Songs in my “E” and/or “Snail” mailbox?” and the answer is Yes. Absolutely. You are welcome to do so until the end of July at which point that option will disappear from the Undertow Store.
You are, of course, welcome to buy them one installment at a time anytime you like. But keep in mind: while we aren’t limiting the 7″ Vinyl to a specific number of copies we will only continue to press them until the end of november. Which means if you want any or all of the 7″ Vinyl you will need to order before then. The Digital Downloads will be available for all eternity.
At this point others of you are asking “Does calling it ‘Volume 1′ mean there will be more Volumes in the future?” Yes. That is precisely what it means.
OK then, to recap:
– 2 new songs each month July-November 2014 (Volume 1)
– Vinyl + digital or digital only
– Buy individually each month or pay for all 5 installments in Volume 1 up front.
– Immediate digital downloads, the first edition vinyl ships in mid-September.
– All vinyl pressings stop December 1, 2014, so order before that.
Also, you can stream each month’s songs for free around here somewhere to see if you even dig ‘em.
Well, that’s about it. Thank you so very much for buying music and going to shows. I couldn’t continue to make music the way I do without your support.