Hello! We’re looking for Living Room Show hosts January and February. Please read everything below and get in touch if you live in or near one of these cities and want to host a show.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: November 25.
TICKETS ON SALE: December 8 @ 3pm (central time).
Wed Jan 27 : Dallas TX – host confirmed
Thu Jan 28 : Austin TX
Fri Jan 29 : Austin TX
Sat Jan 30 : San Antonio TX – host pending
Sun Jan 31 : Houston TX – host pending
Mon Feb 1 : OFF
Tue Feb 2 : New Orleans LA – host pending
Wed Feb 3 : Jackson MS – host pending
Thu Feb 4 : Memphis TN – host pending
Fri Feb 5 : Little Rock AR – host pending
Sat Feb 6 : Fayetteville AR – host pending
Sun Feb 7 : Springfield MO – host pending
Mon Feb 8 : OFF
Tue Feb 9 : Columbia MO – host pending
Wed Feb 10 : Kansas City MO – host pending
Thu Feb 11 : Lawrence KS – host pending
Fri Feb 12 : Wichita KS – host pending
Sat Feb 13 : Tulsa OK – host pending
Sun Feb 14 : Oklahoma City OK – host pending
Mon Feb 15 : Denton TX – host pending
Can you host a show?
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your space for about 3 hours and check names off the list at the door. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Read everything below so you know how it works.
2. READ THIS: We’ll need you to sign this when we confirm the show. It basically spells out everyone’s responsibilities for the show… yours and ours.
3. email email@example.com this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “Bazan Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
4. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-75 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $25. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. The film crew will probably arrive sometime after 6pm to set up a few things. We ask show guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All we need is a nearby electrical outlet for David and Yuuki’s gear to plug into. Some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where David can sell some merchandise after the show.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?