To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Headphones album we’re putting together a Living Room Tour that’ll focus heavily on songs from that release, along with songs from the Bazan and Pedro The Lion catalog. David will be joined by Yuuki Mathews on these shows.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours and check names off the list at the door. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Please read everything below and get in touch if you can host a show in or near one of the cities listed. Contact info at the end.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: April 1.
TICKETS ON SALE: April 9 @ 2pm (central time).
Wed May 13 : Boise ID
Thu May 14 : Salt Lake City UT
Fri May 15 : Denver CO
Sat May 16 : Omaha NE
Sun May 17 : Minneapolis MN
Mon May 18 : Madison WI
Tue May 19 : Chicago IL
Wed May 20 : Chicago IL
Thu May 21 : Morton IL – host confirmed
Sat May 23 : Indianapolis IN
Sun May 24 : Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids MI
Mon May 25 : Ann Arbor or Detroit MI
Tue May 26 : Toronto ONT
Wed May 27 : Toronto ONT
Fri May 29 : Boston MA
Sat May 30 : Boston MA
Sun May 31 : New York / Brooklyn
Mon June 1 : New York / Brooklyn
Tue June 2: Philadelphia PA
June 3 – June 18 : BREAK
Fri June 19 : Philadelphia PA
Sat June 20 : Baltimore MD
Sun June 21 : Raleigh NC
Tue June 23 : Atlanta GA
Wed June 24 : Nashville TN
Thu June 25 : Memphis TN
Fri June 26 : Tulsa OK
Sat June 27 : Denton or Dallas TX
Sun June 28 : Houston TX
Mon June 29 : San Antonio TX – host pending
Tue June 30 : Austin TX
Thu July 2 : El Paso TX
Fri July 3 : Tucson TX
Sat July 4 : Los Angeles CA area
Sun July 5 : Los Angeles CA area
Mon July 6 : San Francisco CA area
Tue July 7 : Oakland CA
Thu July 9 : Portland OR
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 50-75 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $25. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All we need is a nearby electrical outlet for David and Yuuki’s gear to plug into. Some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where David can sell some merchandise after the show.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
if interested please follow these steps:
1. READ THIS: We’ll need you to sign this when we confirm the show.
2. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
- a. Your address.
- b. A few photos of your living room.
- c. Please put “Bazan Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.